Targa Resources Corp. Releases Sustainability Report
Targa Resources Corp. ("Targa" or the "Company") has announced that its Sustainability Report for 2021 is now available on the company’s website at www.targaresources.com/sustainability. The report advances Targa’s sustainability disclosures and provides a review of Targa’s performance for calendar year 2021 against various environmental, social, and governance topics that are important to our industry.
Highlights of Targa’s Sustainability Report for the 2021 calendar year include the following:
- Reduced scope 1 plus scope 2 GHG intensity by 12%
- Reduced flaring volumes from emissions events by 40%
- Exported approximately 4.9 billion gallons of liquefied petroleum gas (“LPG”) globally in 2021 that can offset higher GHG-emitting fuels
- Completed aerial methane detection on 13,000 miles of pipelines and 162 surface facilities in the Permian
- Decreased its preventable vehicle accident rate by 31%
- Received the International Liquid Terminals Association safety excellence award for the second year in a row
- 25% of the Company's Board of Directors were women; and 17% of our Board of Directors were from traditionally under-represented racial or ethnic groups
- Targa's Board-level Sustainability Committee continues to oversee management’s implementation of strategy to integrate sustainability into various business activities to create long-term stakeholder value
The report references the Global Reporting Initiative Standards and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board Oil & Gas – Midstream Standard.
Targa Resources Corp. is a leading provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream infrastructure companies in North America. The Company owns, operates, acquires and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary domestic midstream infrastructure assets and its operations are critical to the efficient, safe and reliable delivery of energy across the United States and increasingly to the world.